Posted by unitedandliverpoolfans on July 14th, 2014
Nipun (@nipunchopra7) and Laurence (@lozcast) discuss the following---
1. Laurence reads the news.
2. United and Liverpool transfer news. We discuss potential signings and United's incredible Adidas deal.
3. World cup final review - How did Germany win a very even game? Tactical battles. The play of Messi and the influence of the managers. What the future holds for both teams.
4. Udayan's question - did Messi deserve the golden ball?
5. Awards - Best player, moment, best goal. Answers from Aaron, Morgan, Matt and Dana.
Posted by unitedandliverpoolfans on July 10th, 2014
Nipun (@nipunchopra7) and Laurence (@lozcast) discuss --
1. Loz' life on (sort of) on Tinder. His right swiping technique.
2. What exactly is a torn anus?
3. Marouane Fellaini's new haircut and schnoz.
4. Review Brazil v Germany. Where did it go wrong for the selecao? How much was Scolari at fault? How good were Germany really?
5. Review Argentina v Netherlands. Did the PK decision from the QF come back to haunt the Oranje?
6. Preview Final - Argentina v Germany. Key matchups. Score predictions.
7. A discussion about concussions.
8. Something bout instagram.
Posted by unitedandliverpoolfans on July 6th, 2014
Nipun (@nipunchopra7) and Laurence (@lozcast) discuss---
1. All the games in the Quarterfinals. We look at the future for the outgoing teams (Belgium, Costa Rica, etc.)
2. Preview Argentina v Netherlands and Brazil v Germany. Statistics, historical matchups, score predictions.
Posted by unitedandliverpoolfans on July 2nd, 2014
Ep 82 is now available.
Nipun (@nipunchopra7) and Gabe (@smitty46and2) discuss -
1. Review Monday and Tuesday's games. Lots of focus on the USA-Belgium game. Nipun outlines his reasons why Michael Bradley is the best player on this team. The boys discuss the future for the USMNT including some players that might move to the EPL.
2. Previews of all the quarterfinals
--France v Germany
--Brazil v Colombia
--Argentina v Belgium
--Netherlands v Costa Rica
Posted by unitedandliverpoolfans on June 29th, 2014
Gabe (@smitty46and2) and Nipun (@nipunchopra7) were joined by ITV, ESPN and World Soccer Talk's Kristan Heneage (@kheneage). They discussed ----
1. Review of the following games:
-Brazil v Chile --- Why are Brazil underachieving? Last minute heartbreak for Chile.
-Uruguay v Colombia --- Rodriguez' brilliance. how much Uruguay they miss Suarez? Do they miss Falcao at all?
-Netherlands v Mexico --- Is van Gaal a genius? Or just lucky? Gabe lays down some of the tactical
changes van Gaal makes. Can Ochoa make a good backup for Liverpool? Was it a PK?
-Costa Rica v Greece - Heartbreak for Greece. Dour first half. Was the goal by Ruiz lucky? Greece's inability to put away chances. Penalty heartbreak for Gekas.
2. Discussion on Suarez with Kristan.
- France v Nigeria. The guys agree that despite some fast players (Moses), France will prove to be too strong for the Nigerian team.
-Germany v Algeria. Could be a rough one for the Algerians.
-Argentina v Switzerland. Comfortable win for Argentina will send Shaqiri and his boys out.
-USA v Belgium. We discuss USA's midfield and bring up the incredible talent on the Belgian team. Possible injury updates on Kompany and Altidore. Cameron vs Gonzales. Nipun and Gabe think Belgium will edge this. Kristan thinks USA will.
Share the podcast with your friends. This is a good chance for us to branch out of the usual Manchester United and Liverpool listener base. Share/comment/subscribe
Posted by unitedandliverpoolfans on June 26th, 2014
Nipun (@nipunchopra7) and Gabe (@smitty46and2) were joined by Dana "Crystal Ball" Crook to discuss---
0. Gabe's dating update.
1. We learn about Dana's experience as a new fan of the beautiful game. What she likes and dislikes about the game and some of her sources of information. We also learn about her ability to predict World Cup results as though she were a clairvoyant witch (which she might be).
2. We run through each group and the boys give us their highlights of each group. Dana gives us some interesting statistics from each group.
3. LUIS FUCKING SUAREZ DID IT AGAIN. Nipun and Gabe get into another drawn out conversation about the rodent-faced monster.
4. We preview the first four Round of 16 games. Score predictions. Listener questions from Udayan, Morgan and Aaron.
5. Gabe's mom joke by Dana.
Thanks for listening! Get in touch and give us your feedback.
Posted by unitedandliverpoolfans on June 8th, 2014
Nipun (@nipunchopra7) and Gabe (@smitty46and2) were joined by Spurs fan Matt (@MattMusings1) from world soccer talk and Jason (@TGpodcast) from The Triangle Gooners Podcast. They discussed ---
1. 1. Transfers
– Released/transferred a bunch of reserve players, Arshavin, Squillaci, Djorou,
Mannone, Coquelin, Gervinho and
Denilson. Signed Sanogo, Flamini, Ozil
Spurs – Released/transferred Gallas, Bentley,
Caulker, Dempsey, huddlestone, Parker, Bale, Defoe (January). Signed Paulinho, Chadli, Soldado, Capoue,
2. 2. How did Arsenal let the premier league slip? How
did Spurs win any games under Sherwood?
Discuss media perception (right or wrong) of
Wenger’s inability to win trophies (FA cup-nonwithstanding).
Discuss media perception (right or wrong) of
AVB’s flammability and Sherwood’s David-Brent-esque character.
3. 3. Both teams have a history of playing very
attractive football, but showing a propensity for showing poor consistency.
Arsenal, in particular, has an awful record against the bigger teams.
Arsenal – Is this a Wenger-related effect?
Especially based on the fact that not all teams under Wenger (invincibles) did
not show this capitulation.
Spurs – this seems to transcend managers as
Spurs have always had this problem. Why?
4. 4. Is the monkey finally off Arsenal’s back (re:
trophies?). Where do Spurs go under Pochettino?
5. 5. Awards – Best player, worst player, villain of the season
Posted by unitedandliverpoolfans on June 1st, 2014
Nipun (@nipunchopra7) and Gabe (@smitty46and2) were joined by World Soccer Talk's Morgan Green (@morgangreen) and Kartik Krishnaiyer (@kkfla737) to review the season for their teams. We discussed -
1.. The new manager effect. Chelsea - the expectation of success associated with Mourinho. What sort of pressure did that put on the team/Mourinho? The metamorphosis of Mourinho from happy-go-lucky back to ol' school prick over the season. League form - erratic against smaller teams, yet efficient against the big teams.
- Pellegrini was brought in for his experience in the champions league. Yet, City's performance in Europe was disappointing again. What contributed to that? Why is it taking City so long to make an impact in Europe - especially since Chelsea were in the semi-final stage very soon after Abramovic's take over. League form - consistent, yet under-the-radar (except for some big wins).
2. Styles of the team. City - Best team in the premier league, can go missing in games. The reliance on Yaya. Kartik's CRAZY opinion that Yaya goes missing in big games.
Chelsea - Morgan's defense of the overwhelming criticism of Chelsea's style of play.
3. Overall themes from the season - Is City on the brink of a cycle of dominance? Or is the return of Mourinho place them as favorites for controlling the premier league? Or neither?
4. Awards - Best player, worst player, best team performance, worst team performance, villain of the season, goal of the season.
Posted by unitedandliverpoolfans on May 29th, 2014
Nipun (@nipunchopra7) and Gabe (@smitty46and2) were joined by Brian Roy (broy1709) to review Manchester united's season to forget. They discuss ---
1. Did Moyes ever really have a chance?
2. The issues within United's squad. We discuss some errors Moyes made with tactical selection - especially in the Newcastle game.
3. Some key moments in Moyes' reign - the Rooney contract situation, signing Fellaini and Mata. We discuss the future of Wayne Rooney; Nipun believes that he will leave.
4. Did we see anything during the Giggsy's interim-manager era to hang our hats on?
5. What can we expect under Van Gaal?
6. Listener questions from @being_hosna, @JonyB007 and @manunited246
Thanks for listening. We're not going away. Up next are a couple more review pods for other teams, and then we get into World cup talk!
Posted by unitedandliverpoolfans on May 20th, 2014
Nipun (@nipunchopra7) and Gabe (@smitty46and2) were joined by Dan Storey and World Soccer Talk's Laurence McKenna (@lozcast). They discussed ---
1. The start of the season - with the backdrop of Suarez' suspension.
2. How did Brendan Rodgers change his whole person around? We talk about the stylistic change we saw with Liverpool this season.
3. The importance and emergence of Sturridge, Henderson and Sterling.
4. What areas require strengthening for Liverpool?
5. Did going out of the FA cup and Carling Cup contribute to Liverpool's title chase?
6. We discuss the merits of Lucas vs Gerrard and the need for another holding midfielder.
7. Awards - Best player, worst player, goal of the season, villain of the season, game of the season, worst performance of the season.
Who would you nominate for the awards?